Tuesday, January 22, 2008

soooo

My husband was away a lot for work in December. And then he had another overnight last week. I can handle them pretty easily, my boys are old enough now that they help out with a lot of stuff, and are easier to deal with. I don't much care for the loneliness when hubby is gone, but that is just my nature. I actually enjoy some quiet time, and having the king all to myself! (plus, I can watch whatever dorky crap I want on tv, and he isn't here to heckle me!) So after his last overnight, he arranged for me to take a weekend by myself, and go visit my best friend. I was thrilled! I haven't had one of these weekends in soooo long. I adore my kids, don't get me wrong, but some re-charge time is always nice. (plus, Tom really doesn't spend a lot of 1-on-1 time with the boys, so it will be good for them, too) So next weekend I am off to spend some time with my bestest. I am looking forward to it! Do some shopping, go for a run with her, go for lunch, and maybe a movie. It is something I have been looking forward to. (and still am...but....) My husband has decided he is taking this weekend as his fun time...and that really bothers me! I know that all of his overnights have been for work, but come on! Going to a course for a few hours, and then bumming around Vancouver hardly sounds taxing to me! Or his last overnight, a friend of his was with him, and they went for dinner and then watched a movie. OOOH. That poor man, he is just waaay overworked! I can see why he needs a weekend away with his buddy [insert rolling eyes here]. I am just kind of irritated about all of this. We had made a deal, years ago, that the next time he went to this tournament, I was going too (as I have friends in that city that I would like to visit with). But apparently, we can not afford the both of us to go, just him. Not entirely sure where he learned to do math, but I think that place should be torched!!!! Whatever...he can have his sausage-fest weekend. He can go and be an uber-dork and hang out at that paintball tournament and slobber over guns and other incredibly stupid crap. But I just hope he realizes, there is nothing worse than a womans scorn...and I am off to the worlds biggest mall next weekend, with both of my visa's in hand. I don't particularly enjoy shopping (I hate it for the most part) but revenge shopping is something I will revel in.....[insert evil laugh here].

No comments: