Thursday, January 10, 2008

fluidity

Some time before Christmas, my sister was over one night, visiting. While talking, she briefly mentioned this thing called a Fluidity Bar. Not being big on infomercials, I had no clue what she was referring to. So I, being the computer savy person I am, googled it. What I found was nothing short of COOL! It is this new-fangled sort of ballet bar, that you can fold up and use in your own home! (who hasn't always dreamed of having a dancers body?!?!?!)
So I ordered it after saving my birthday and Christmas money. Well, it arrived on Tuesday (much to the dismay of the woman at Canada Post who had to drag it off of the top shelf and help me haul it to my truck). I am in awe of this thing. Fear also? Um, yes. I can only imagine the injuries that will ensue as I try to manipulate myself on this collapsable bar! But it's all for the cause. As long as noone is watching me, I think I will be okay. But all I can imagine happening is, me, trying to be all bendy and doing the workouts that were sent with it, getting entangled in a monsterous mess of limbs and bar, screaming for help, and my husband laughing himself silly. I can see it happening, because that is just how I roll!! I, the one who sprained her ankle at strip aerobics class. I, the one who nearly broke her ankle whilst jumping on our trampoline in my rollerblades (yes, you read that right....oh the look of horror on my er doctors face when I told him the story, as he stared dumbfounded at my enormous purple ankle). I, the one who managed to sprain my finger as I fell down the stairs at my Moms house. I, the one who fell on my face as I got out of my truck one day. Yes, I the one. Oh good God- what have I gotten myself into!
Perhaps I should watch the infomercials tonight, and order myself one of those "help, I've fallen and I can't get up" pager necklaces (oh so stylish, too!) Because God-willing, some day, I guarantee I will need that sucker!
So one day, if you hear a sobbing scream echoing through the sky, fear not- for it is just me, entangled in my fluidity bar....but like I said.....it's all for the cause.

1 comment:

Tanya Kristine said...

Are you still using your Fluidity bar? i'm afraid i'll order it and it'll go the wayside like all my other fitness gear...