Tuesday, January 8, 2008

the bank, picture id, and a perfect world

I recently went to the registry to get a new license. I moved a few months ago, and never got around to changing my address on my license. So, I finally bit the bullet and went to do it. My hesitation came in the form of not wanting that stupid piece of paper to serve as my id for the following 2 weeks. Nowadays, you need your picture id for everything from using your credit card, to using public washrooms! (ok, so that last one is not true, but I felt that a little exaggeration would push my point across) I have already stated how highly I think of Wal-mart...I was asked for my picture id when I was paying for my crap yesterday...when I grumbled about only having that dumb-ass piece of paper, the woman let me use my costco card (personally, I think she just wanted to get me out of there, so that she was saved from the howling that was echoing from my cart aka. my children...they like wal-mart too, LOL) So you can imagine how pleased I was when the snarky wench at the bank asked, cross that, snarled for my picture id when I went in to buy a money order. I have an account there, mutual funds, a line of credit, and I had a mortgage and a vehicle loan. So you can imagine how pleased I was when I had that snarling hag of a woman across the counter from me. At that point, Jesse was crawling over a chair to get at a jar of suckers, I was trying to keep him from toppling over their computer monitor, and consequently harming himself (damned important sucker!!!). So I threw my bank card on the counter, said "just use this, please. I really don't have time to sit here and nit-pick over photo id". Luckily the woman beside the hag said that my bank card was sufficient, and I was on my way. What if I went in there to deposit money? Would they ask me for a pile of id, blood and urine samples or a dna test? NOOOO!!! No one cares if you want to put money into an account. Rarely are you asked for any id, or ANYTHING, to deposit. But I have to hand over my first born and a little cup of pee to withdraw my own money. MA-LAR-KY!!!! I guess at this point, all I can hope for is someone to walk in there with a wad of money, a screaming kid, and the imbecile that was standing behind the counter today to accidentally deposit it into my account......Only in a perfect world!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: