Wednesday, January 16, 2008

battles

This one is gonna be a little less "ha ha" and a bit more "ra ra". I am going through a few personal battles right now, and it is something that is really really hard for me. I have to admit, though, my friends and family are a wonderful support system, and I wouldn't be where I am without them. I am sure that everyone has some sort of battle going on, so I wanted to say something about it.
Humans are amazing creatures. We can overcome obstacles, illnesses, deaths, years and years of torturous schooling... We can find love, hate, happiness, joy, hope... It is really easy for us to look at someone, and see all of their positive attributes, and everything we wish we had. Yet we think of ourselves, or look in the mirror and sometimes all we can see is the negative. That isn't fair. It isn't fair to our friends and family, and it certainly isn't fair to ourselves! We are so much stronger than we ever give ourselves credit for. We never would have had FRIENDS (yes, I am referencing them, again!!) if those actors had taken to heart their first bit of negative criticism. We never would have had people on the moon if nasa had believed that it can't be done. And where would we all be if Thomas Edison quit before he ever began? Ya, we'd all be sitting in the dark!
If those people can rise above their negativity and succeed at such amazing things, then I sure as hell can lose a couple of pounds and let go of some rotten past memories that may be hindering my success.
We are all capable of more than our brains let us think. If your brain says stop, keep on pushing. If your body says stop, give it one more try. When you fall down into a pile on the floor, with the chunks rising in your throat....that may be your sign to take a breather =)

No comments: