Thursday, January 3, 2008

New Year; New Me!!!

Everyone knows the routine....January 1st rolls around, and we make all these grand plans to “be better, kinder, funnier, thinner, fitter, more patient, more organized” and the list goes on and on. And like most grand plans, they fall by the wayside once the appeal has worn off (or the Baileys!). I am guilty of such behavior. I, too, make mental notes of what I can do to better myself each year. But why? What is the importance of changing, just because we are getting a new calendar? Who knows! Some barbaric custom that stuck (and one of the better ones to stick, I might add). So although this ritual may be antiquated and ridiculous, I am going to hop on the proverbial bandwagon. I have plans for myself this year. And, although I may have had these very plans for years, I hope to stick to them this year. Not because it is expected of me because it is January, not because I am trying to out-do all of the wagon-faller-offers, but because I owe it to myself to be the best I can. And because the people around me deserve the very best Me I can muster. So there you have it! Now if I can only figure out a way to make chocolate a weight loss tool, I’d be set (and probably subsequently quite wealthy!)

No comments: