Wednesday, January 9, 2008

adventures in potty training

My oldest son, Zack, was super easy to train. Zack is a very meticulous little child. For example, on his first birthday I put a little dab of icing on his nose, and he screamed like a banchee!!! So understandably, he didn't enjoy the feeling of wet diaper. Thus, easy peasy training.
My baby, Jesse....NOT SO MUCH!!! He will do everything in his power to avoid the toilet (even the sweet little Pooh Bear training potty that we have). He will yell and scream, thrash around like a crazy person, kick, throw things, etc...just to keep away from the potty and his new Diego underwear! He has also been known to take his pull-up off, and "go" on whatever patch of floor that happens to be the closest.
I am at my wits end! I just don't know what to do anymore. He has started getting rashes that clearly hurt him (you can tell by the way he walks) and he has a fit every time we have to change him.
I just wish he would listen to us, and go on his pooh potty! But I mean really, who has EVER been able to rationalize with a 2 year old? I just hope he isn't wearing his Lightning McQueen pull-ups at his high school grad. Even his Diego underwear would be better than that!!!

No comments: