Tuesday, October 28, 2008

whoah

Sometimes you have good days... sometimes you have bad. Today would most certainly have fallen under the latter, and yet at the same time it wasn't all that horrible. 
First of all, I've had a bit of a tummy ache in the mornings, which makes things a bit slow going. *cranky bit #1* This morning was no exception. I got the boys ready and walked Zack to school. It was actually a really nice morning. By the time Jesse and I got home, my tummy was in need of nap. So I layed down while Jesse played his DS and watched cartoons in bed beside me. 
My Grandma arrived soon after, and we got busy with the task of preparing my potpourri for our Christmas show (which is at the end of November). Well, I ran out of my crystals and needed to run out. 
On the way to Canadian Tire, my windshield cracked! *cranky bit #2* I screamed at the top of my lungs and probably looked like a total lunatic to the people in the car beside me.  I called Tom to freak out (as he was supposed to be taking the truck in to have the chips repaired this summer), but he didn't answer. So I called his best friend (I really needed someone to yell at). So I hollered at him for a bit (and the poor sap listened like a champ) and ran into the store. I ran all over the store to find what I was looking for. I finally found it and grabbed a cart. As I threw 2 bags into the cart, the front wheel buckled in underneath, and shot the front end of the cart into a shelf... thus knocking a bunch of stuff onto the floor. *cranky bit #3* 
As the crap tumbled to the floor, I made a loud noise that could be construed as cursing and headed to the till. There was a woman ahead of me with $73 worth of stuff, and she payed for it all with CT money! *cranky bit #4* I stood there and watched the cashier count out $73 worth of 25 cent money.. I left the store and decided to run across the street and have an egg nog latte (the starbucks in my Safeway is illegaly making them already!!!!) and as I was trying to put the lid on, the cup folded in half and dumped scalding hot latte all over my hand. *cranky bit #5* 
I am sure I could carry on with my cranky bits, but I digress.... 
Even with all that ick, I still managed to make it through the day with a smile on my face and a bounce in my step. Because even though that all happened, I still survived. And what doesn't kill us makes us stronger. And now I know that it is going to take a hell of a lot to knock me down :)

No comments: