Friday, October 17, 2008

no husbands

So, yesterday, my sons and I went on a little road trip with my friend and her son. This is the first time that the 5 of us have travelled without the husbands tagging along. I was really excited - I knew it was going to be a lot of fun! And we did have a lot of fun, so far. 
We were an hour late getting out of town, but that is pretty usual. We got the boys all settled, and we were on the way! I forgot to grab a drink, so I was a bit thirsty... but better that than having to stop a bunch to tinkle. We managed to make 3/4 of the trip without any problems. Well, except for the time that Shar's phone rang, and she slammed on the brakes... and here is the conversation that followed... 
Me "what the hell was that!?!?"
Her "I thought it was radar!"
Me "Oh, you have a detector in here??"
Her "No..."
Me "Ha ha ha!! Okay..."
It was funny... guess you had to be there... 
Meanwhile, our husbands (and her oldest son) are still at home, doing, and planning, God only knows what! I am sure that our saving grace is the fact that one of the kids is still there... or the guys would be in Vegas by now, I'm sure! I left Tom with a "to do" list, so lets just hope at least one of those things gets done :) I am fairly certain that my brothers borrowed quad will be put to good use the next 2 days. Boys will be boys... hey? 
So we sit here, in a 12x12 hotel room, with the bathroom sink in full view of the room, while our "men" are at home, plotting world domination. But they know better than to do anything stupid... after all, we are close to West Edmonton Mall... and I've been known to be a bit of a vindictive shopper before! 

No comments: