Wednesday, October 15, 2008

it's all relative

Have you ever noticed how everything is relative? People are related to people, weirdness is commonly related to a full moon, people who live in the snow hate it, and people who live in the sun love it! Nothing makes sense, and the grass is always greener wherever you are not. 
Well I live here, where it snows, with my relatives, last night there was a fullish looking moon, and my grass is really green. But I have problems, you have problems, they have problems... we all have problems; and they are all relative. They are relative to our surroundings, to our education, to our income, to our family, to our gender and can sometimes even be relative to the color of our hair. I am an educated female brunette who lives in a nice house and has an awesome family. That is who I am. 
For the last few days I've been struggling with my impression; my impression on my kids, on my husband, on my family and friends, and on the world. I want my kids to see me as someone strong, compassionate, nurturing, smart and fun. I want my husband to see me for everything I think he deserves from me. I want my family and friends to see me as exactly what they need me to be. And I want the world to see me as a necessary footprint on the earth. 
Sitting down and really thinking about that sort of thing can either make or break you. And I am not gonna lie - it broke me. I have a tendency to see the negative in most things, and instead of seeing all the good and amazing things I have done, I saw all that I haven't. Being negative like that can really hurt, and I'm tired of hurting. So I am trying to learn to see the positive. My life isn't bad. I have a lot to be thankful for. And from now on I am going to try to see the relativity in everything :)

No comments: