Monday, February 4, 2008

best friends, buttheads and bronchitis

This was my weekend with my bestest, and I was so very excited about it! I looked forward to this for so so long. Everything was fine when I left on Friday afternoon, but when I spoke with my husband that night, I heard a crazy noise in the background. I asked what it was, and was informed that it was my baby, Jesse, who had something that sounded like croup. AH! It was 11pm at that point, and I was all ready to come home. It's my baby!! But my husband assured me that he could handle it, and insisted I stayed where I was. I made a point to text or call him very frequently all weekend, just to make sure that everything was taken care of, and everyone is still alive.
I had a great time with my bestest! We went for a run, went for lunch, went shopping, saw an old friend, had dinner and then went to see "PS. I Love You". It was SOOOOOOOOO good!!! My husband was kind of upset with my after that, though, as I didn't call when he thought I should have. See, he didn't think the movie would be longer than an hour and a half or two hours. However....this was one long ass movie! And I have to admit, I get a little upset when he doesn't call me, and I know the roads are bad. So I can understand his logic, but I mean come on! It was a little unnecessary and embarrassing to have that convo in front of my best friend! I did the best I could that weekend, and it still didn't seem good enough. BUTTHEAD!!! Oh well...things are fine now. I said my peace, amen!
My kids are still both hacking like little baby seals, and I am pretty sure that they are close to bronchitis sounding. I just hope they get better soon.
All in all, it was a pretty good weekend! I would love to do this on a frequent basis, but only if my husband will promise to unclench, and my kids will promise to remain healthy!!! Ya right...and the chances of that are??????

No comments: