Sunday, February 10, 2008

freezing temps, food and foul movies

It has been less than pleasant outside, lately. We got another chilly week, compounded with even more snow. NOT FUN! I also was blessed with my childrens cold, which has made the freezing air all the more awesome on my poor lungs. I hear it is supposed to be warmer by Friday; so let's all cross our fingers, cuz I am sooo over this weather! I said to my husband yesterday, as we just finished running through a parking lot, kids in tow, at a frigid -40something (with the windchill), "this is as close to hell on earth that we will ever get". And I think I was fairly accurate!
I had to go grocery shopping on Friday, and my poor kids had to come. It was freezing out that day, also, which made for a really gross trip to Safeway. I got to hang out with a friend while we were there, though, so that was a bonus! I've started this fat flush detox thing, which has brought upon a whole new perspective of food. Like what a pain in the ass shopping is, cooking is, cleaning is....etc. Jenny Craig was just sooo much simpler! (but probably not as good for my insides as all of these veggies are!) So I will suffer through the numerous trips to Safeway, the preparation and cleaning after all of the meals I have to make, because it just might give me a hot ass (and not because I burnt it in the tanning bed, again!).
I watched some movies this week- some good, some bad. I really enjoyed The Jane Austen Book Club. I also watched The Brave One with my husband....not so much....Shooting people in the eye is just not my cup of tea. A friend of mine suggested Blonde Ambition....Jessica Simpson is in that movie, so I was weary of it (as she is not the most amazing actor) but she said it was cute. So I watched it...all I can say is, I am glad it was a free rental! (and I am really glad you enjoyed it, Erin!!!)
So that's been my life lately....freezing my burnt ass off, while making all of my detox meals, while watching what hopefully is not a foul movie! But I guess you just don't know until you try.....

No comments: