Friday, February 15, 2008

sad

The sun is shining, today. The sky is blue, and the snow is melting all around me. And yet I feel sad. I do not deal with death very well. Even if I don't know the person who is passed, I am still affected.
I've been affected twice this week. On Monday, someone I went to school with was lost in a fatal car crash. We hadn't spoken since high school, but it is still weird to think of them missing from the world.
And yesterday I was informed that a good friend lost a member of her family. My heart is really going out to her at this time, but I am usually at a loss for words when this tragedy strikes.
I never know how to behave after a loss like this. I never know what to say. And it always affects me and my thoughts. Like I said, I may not know them, but it makes me sad.
I will not dwell on death. I only let it in to affect me, when it has affected someone that I know, and care for.
I just don't know what to say; don't know what to do. I just pray that I can be there for whoever needs it, and share with them some of this sunshine.

No comments: