Thursday, March 27, 2008

uphill battle

Okay, so it's been a while...again! And I apologize to the one person who even bothers reading this :)
Since my last post, I was diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. I had wondered if I had this problem for a few years now. I researched it a lot, and found that I had numerous symptoms assosiated with the disease. After badgering my doctor for a looooong time, he finally caved and prescribed me some meds to help with this problem. And low and behold, THEY HELPED! I finally feel like myself again. It is the weirdest feeling to be in your own body, but not be yourself. To feel like a complete stranger to yourself, and not know why, or how to fix it. To know that something is wrong, and to badly want help, but not be given it. It sucks! But, I am on the road to recovery, finally, and so happy that I am finally here. It will be an uphill battle for me, as I will be medicated forever now. But at least I will be myself, medicated...but, myself. I have a lot of things to fix, now that I am on the meds. When my thyroid was broken, a lot of things went wrong with me. And now it is up to me to repair them. I have a bunch of weight to lose, and I am hoping that with my thyroid working again, I won't struggle as much as I have been. I have to repair my hair, as it got totally brittle and dry, and starting breaking off and falling out. I have my skin to re-hydrate, as it got so dry, it started flaking. I have broken bridges to mend, as when you aren't happy with yourself, you tend to cease contact with people in your life. And that is just scratching the surface.
So I have a real uphill battle going on right now. But I am hoping that with some hard work, determination, help from my friends and family, and by the grace of God, I will succeed and once again be the person that I used to be...once again be the person I aspire to be......once again be me.

1 comment:

Milissa said...

Glad I can be your walking partner as you climb back up the hill. It's the valleys in life that make us appreciate the good times. Looking forward to meeting the "old you". Hugs.