Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Fine Line

Have you ever noticed just how many "fine lines" there are in this universe? And for as many as there are, there are even more people who will tell you about them. Gotta love people who have noses like Pinochio and love to shove it where it shouldn't be. But that is a rant for another time. 

Today we are focusing on lines. They are everywhere you look. It is the "fine lines" that need a bit closer inspection to be properly seen. It exists between being forceful or aggressive; being strong or bitchy; being opinionated or obnoxious; being happy or drugged; being definitive or psychotic; being bummed or clinically depressed..... And the list continues. 

People are always quick to point out the "fine line" that exists when two people of the opposite sex are friends. And those people can bite me. For as long as I can remember, I've been friends with boys. I always found girls to be harder to befriend, for many reasons. And as I've grown older, I've noticed that nothing has changed in that department. I have a few girl friends whom I adore, but I rarely attempt at adding more to the roster. Why rock the boat? So if I were to sit down and calculate it, the boys would still come out on top in the numbers. And I'm perfectly fine with that. I enjoy sports and belching.. so it works out nicely.

But there will always be one or two (or several in my case) women who just don't approve of the co-ed friendship situation. And that just beyond drives me nuts. Come on people! Just cuz the equipment would work well together, doesn't mean I'm gonna test drive it. 

I am wondering who drew these lines, and just how permanent they are. Cuz I'm aching to find myself a big fat eraser, and maybe move a few of them just a teensy bit to the left. And no, I'm not talking about that line.... Get your head out of the gutter ;)

xoxo

No comments: