Thursday, September 4, 2008

one of those days...

Do you ever have one of those days where you feel like you are unraveling at an alarming rate? Welcome to my world....today was just one of those days! 
It started off okay, except I had the strangest urge to burst into tears, all day long! Why? No clue (and no, it isn't "that time of the month") I sat around, read and drank over-steeped tea this morning. Then I had the sudden urge to attend my 10 year high school reunion (something I swore I was going to avoid like the plague). So I had to run out this afternoon and mail off the cheque for my tickets. It had to be postmarked no later than the 4th, which apparently is today. So off I went, and while I was out, I decided to pick up a few things at hell (aka. Walmart) 
I was on my way, and stopped at a red light. Apparently my nose was sticking out a bit, because this douche in a large truck drove by me, and I saw him mouth the words "what the f*ck", so in carrying on with my happy day, I flipped him off with both hands, and screamed out the window. Yes, road rage is just something you acquire while living in GP. By this point, my heart was mushy, and the tears started rolling down my cheeks. But I stopped them right away...no way was I letting some orangoutang with a license make me cry. So into hell we went....
I was able to get everything I needed with little hassle...and the boys even listened, which was a nice surprise. 
I left hell and headed for a much nicer place (aka. Starbucks) I was hoping that a jolt of caffiene would kill my urge to bawl. Although my grande light java chip frappucino was delicious, it didn't help (and pieces of the chip stuck in my teeth, which didn't make things any better!) From there, we headed home, making a quick stop at Safeway. I got what I needed (sans basket or cart), and had it all heaped on myself. I dropped it on one of those self-checkout tables, and started scanning. Everything was going good, and I was talking to one of my friends, who was making me laugh. Then it happened....the f-ing machine wouldn't accept my $20. I mumbled, "don't cross me, you stupid machine" and asked my friend if he'd bail me out of jail after I get arrested for beating the dumb money sucker to death with a tube of pepperoni. He laughed, I laughed, and the boys thought it was hysterical every time the money popped back out of the slot. The fact that they were laughing so hard may be the very thing that saved me from committing money-sucker homicide! So I suppose it was a good thing they find humor in the smallest things....kids ARE good for something, after all!! I'm kidding...I love them like crazy. (which is a good thing, seeing as I am rather crazy!) 
So here I sit, typing out my day, and realizing that there really was no reason to cry. Maybe I just need a good nights sleep, perhaps I am coming down with a cold and am not 100%. Or maybe I just need to chug a bottle of malibu and let the good times roll!!!! xoxo

No comments: