Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fall

The season is changing right before my very eyes. The grass is slowly turning from deep green into more of a putrid brownish color. The leaves are going from thick masses of green, into a more golden hue. And as they go golden, they fall to the ground. And from there, they rot and begin to stink. Oh yes, the joys of fall. 
Not only do we get to deal with the rotting remains of our beautiful summer landscape, but we also get to deal with the dropping in temperature. That may be the worst thing of all. Slowly, peoples pants are getting longer, shoes are covering perfectly manicured toes, socks are dug out of their dusty drawers, and sweaters/hoodies are making their comeback. 
Personally, I, never really rid myself of my hoodies. I adore them and wear them all year long. I love them so much, I would suffer through a hot day, sweating off 20 pounds of water weight, just to keep my favorite hoodie on my body. Yes, I am a crazy die hard nut. 
Now they are more of a necessity than a fashion statement. If I could, I would wear my shorts, flip flops and tanks with hoodies all year long. I need to find a place on earth that would allow me to do this! Because living in this area, shorts are only suitable attire for maybe 3-4 months out of the year. 
Fall is on its way, and it is taking no prisoners! The temperature has dropped drastically in the last few weeks. Today, I spent the day with my fireplace on, dressed in thick sweatpants, snuggled on the couch, reading a book and drinking hot chocolate. It was a wonderful way to spend the day, yes. But I would prefer some heat from an outside source! 
The leaves are changing, the grass is dying, the air is cold, and the nights are freezing. Carcasses remain where flowers used to bloom, and there is a definite smell in the air that can only mean one thing....summer is gone. And that makes me sad. 

No comments: