Wednesday, May 21, 2008

sunshine, flowers and patchy grass

My 6th anniversary was on Sunday. My husband and I celebrated this by spending the day, apart, while working at a paintball tournament at our friends field. Oh how fun! I got to spend the day virtually by myself, sitting on the counter, watching South Park, Family Guy and Transformers on Tom's i-pod. JOY!! But whatever...I spent the day in the sunshine, amongst the bugs, and got some fresh air.
I stopped at a greenhouse on the way home and spent 70 bucks on flowers. I masterminded my flower arrangements this year. My Grandma usually picks them, plants them, etc. So this year I was on my own. I picked the color scheme (pink, purple and white), which flowers went in which pots (I have 5), and the way they were to be arranged. I was rather proud of myself! I was so much more proud when I actually got them all planted on Monday afternoon. Oh how pretty they all look! Now I just hope that the freaking wind doesn't kill them all before I get to really appreciate them!!
Speaking of appreciation...I do NOT appreciate my lawn! Last year it was so nice and green. I watered it, weeded it, fertilized it, etc. I even put down some special winter fertilizer before it snowed. Fat lot of good that did!!! My husband, bless his retarded soul, decided that cleaning up our dogs crap was unnecessary. So the poo sat on my lawn, and festered, for months! I finally went out and removed it, only to find that the grass underneath it all had decided to end it's own life. Sad sad sad. My backyard looks like the desert, with a few sparse patches of green. Not pleased! My front yard isn't bad, but we have a few rogue dead patches....perhaps we had meandering dogs piss everywhere over the winter. Who knows! I ordered some special "dog pee/poo, dead grass, patchy non-growing grass" seed on the weekend - and I am rather excited for it to come!! The infomercial looked promising. A friend of mine joked that we were going to be sent 2 cans of green spray paint. I hope, for the sake of humanity, that I don't get spray paint in the mail! I may just go crazy. My lawn, and my sanity, requires some pretty kick-ass seed right now.
Because we can't have the beautiful sunshine and pretty flowers ruined by the poo-killed grass now, can we?

No comments: