Friday, May 16, 2008

energy

In high school health class, I remember taking a test. It was a test to see if we, as the students, were more introverted or extroverted. I remember the questions seemed odd, but the outcome was dead on. I was classed as a strong extrovert - meaning I fed off of other people, got energized when I was around people, etc. And I find that test is still very accurate today.
I've noticed that when I am alone for long periods of time, I get sad. I have no reason to be sad, but I feel very very sad. If I don't talk to people, I get sad. If I am excluded from things, my feelings get hurt very easily, and I get sad. It sucks! I wish it weren't so, but alas, it is.
On the other hand though, when I am around people, I am very upbeat and happy. When I have a lot to do, I am more energized than when I am at home. Although running errands may seem mundane and exhausting, I get a charge out of it. I get amped up when I am in a group of people. I get energy from talking to people. When I have plans to do stuff, I tend to stay in a better mood throughout my days.
It makes no sense. But I get sad for no reason, and happy for strange reasons. I know that most people will say that that is just human nature, but when I don't talk to people, I feel completely lonely. I could be sitting beside someone, and feel as lonely as if I was all alone.
Perhaps I am insane? Perhaps I need to seek professional help? NAH. I'm just a strong extrovert - and I am a people person. And there is nothing wrong with that.

No comments: